“Fall” in love with fall cleaningSeptember 1, 2019
Top 10 Things to research before making an offerJune 15, 2020
- Your agent is not going to be available 24/7- Be clear in your communication when selecting your agent on how you would like to be communication to occur and how often. As agents, we should ask this to make sure we have a good working relationship.
- Just like your agent won’t be available 24/7- the listings you want to see are not available at the drop of a hat. Giving the the seller 36-48 hours is ideal so they have time to get home ready, as well as your agent time to set up appointments with the sellers. This can take quite a bit of time.
- The homes you see online are designed to look great, but be prepared once you see them in person it may not be as “wonderful” as you think. Kind of like dating websites
- Get the pre-approval with a lender to make sure you are looking at right price point you are comfortable with spending monthly. Remember to include the taxes and insurance in your amounts.
- Can we get what we “want” in the area or just what we “need”? What is more important to you?
- Listen to your buyer’s agent on the housing costs, trends, and negotiation tips. It may be more of a buyer’s market or may be a seller’s market.
- What matters most in your home buying decision? Schools, commute to work, lifestyle, restaurants, neighborhood amentities, new construction, established older homes, or lower tax rates?
- Normal out of pocket expenses for you as a buyer in Texas- so these happen before closing so you will have to pay these items yourselves and they are not rolled into closing costs.